The American Gambling Awards are presented by the Gambling.com Group and honor the United States gaming industry’s best and brightest. This year’s winners were announced at a ceremony in New York City on Thursday, and they included some of the biggest names in the business.
FanDuel took home the award for Online Sportsbook of the Year, beating out Caesars and DraftKings. FanDuel came out on top as Online Sportsbook of the Year, ahead of Caesars and DraftKings received the honor of Online Casino of the Year, making it one of the evening’s big winners.
The American Gambling Awards are a prestigious recognition of excellence in the gaming industry, and this year’s winners are among the very best in the business.
A Well Deserved Win!
Charles Gillespie, Gambling.com Group’s Chief Executive Officer stated: “BetMGM continues to solidify its position as the iGaming industry leader in North America through its top-of-the-line casino product and is very deserving of receiving the Online Casino of the Year award, with its diverse game portfolio, first-class partnerships and omnichannel focus, BetMGM offerings set them apart from their competitors.”
The Golden Eagle Awards are given out annually to those who have made an impact on the US gaming industry. The award itself is an 11-inch, gold-plated statuette of an American Bald Eagle, signifying the recipient’s contributions to the industry. This year’s 12 winners were selected by a judging panel with collective experience in the US gaming industry.
Some of the judges include DraftKings CEO Jason Robins, GeoComply Co-Founder & CEO Anna Sainsbury, iGaming Capital Director Melissa Blau, Ifrah PLLC Founder Jeff Ifrah, and Bettor Capital Founder & CEO David VanEgmond. The winners were chosen based on their contributions to the industry and their dedication to furthering the growth of gaming in the United States.
Winner Of The 2022 American Gambling Awards
- Online Sportsbook of the Year: FanDuel Group
- Online Casino of the Year: BetMGM
- Fantasy Sports Site of the Year: Underdog Fantasy
- Gaming Product of the Year: Lightning Roulette U.S. from Evolution
- Betting Product of the Year: Simplebet
- Platform Provider of the Year: Kambi
- Data Service Provider of the Year: Sportradar
- Payment Service Provider of the Year: Sightline Payments
- Responsible Gaming Award: “Have a Game Plan” campaign from American Gaming Association
- Dealmaker of the Year: Deutsche Bank for Caesars Acquisition of William Hill and Asset Sale to 888
- Policymaker of the Year: Sen. Joseph Addabbo, Jr. (NY)
- Regulator of the Year: Louis Rogacki, New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement